Here's a very short version of my photographic history:
• Began in early 70’s so I could get into race tracks for free.
• Photographed Vietnam Protest March with NBC Press at White House in Washington, DC.
• Traveled GA, NC, and SC as glamour photographer :-)
• Life turned left and my girls and I moved to Lexington, SC.
• Bought first digital camera in 2003, first pro camera in 2006.
• Photography became a creative passion and brings joy to my life every day!
There you go! This is the shortest version I’ve ever written about my long affair with photography. I can't imagine you'd be curious about any more of it but if you are, please contact me.
I will add this in closing. When photography finally sunk into my head and heart everything changed. I was no longer just shooting pictures, I began to see ideas and concepts about what that subject would look like in different ways. Flowers, rocks, cars, and people - it didn’t matter. I developed a creative vision that turned my photography into art done my way.
Now I do mostly dance and athletic photography and I love it. These young adults are such a creative group and full of enthusiasm for what they love to do!
That’s enough about me! Go look at my pictures and let's talk about about a photoshoot!
The 2018 Mini includes:
- 1-hour studio shoot
- Up to 15 free promotional images of your choice to share online
- $150 (50.00 non-refundable deposit - session can be rescheduled once)
The 2018 Basic includes:
- 2-hour studio shoot
- Up to 30 free promotional images of your choice to share online
- $275 (50.00 non-refundable deposit - session can be rescheduled once)
- $50 print credit (see print prices below)
The 2018 Advanced includes:
- Half-day (4 hours) studio shoot
- Up to 40 free digital images of your choice to share online
- $395 ($100 non-refundable deposit required - session can be rescheduled once)
- $60 print credit (see print prices below)
The 2018 Portfolio includes:
- Full day (6-hour) studio shoot AND half-day location shoot
- Up to 50 free promotional images of your choice to share online
- $750 ($100 non-refundable deposit - either session can be rescheduled once)
- $75 print credit (see print prices below)
The 2018 Audition (Note: This option is only for creating Audition, Resume, and Submission prints - not dance shoots)
- 60-minute studio shoot
- Up to 15 free promotional images to share online
- $199 ($50 non-refundable deposit - session can be rescheduled once)
- 2-10x10 enlargements
- Note! This is for resume and audition prints only.
Additional wardrobe such as skirts, jackets, hats, scarves, and leggings are available to use for studio shoots.
Shoot-N-Pick allows you to see each shot on a widescreen tv after it's taken. Then you can mark it as a favorite!
Signature Series, hand printed 8x8 on 11x14 paper, personalized and framed: $85 (see below)
All prices and package details listed are subject to change without notice (8/8/18).
If the female model is 18 or older they can bring a female companion. Sorry but brothers, boyfriends, daddies, uncles, grandfathers, or male cousins offer no help when it comes to hair or makeup and usually are a distraction for female models.
If you chose to bring a male escort anyway, they cannot be in the shoot area. They can either sit in the waiting room for studio shoots or remain at a distance for location shoots.
Also, the promotional images have my logo on them to "promote" my work! Share them anywhere you like but do not crop or alter the image in any way. No filters or special effects please!
I accept all credit cards online and at the shoot!
Ask about photoshoot packages that qualify for a cash discount!
The shoot length depends on what type of session it is and if it's a solo dancer or couples or a catalog shoot for a clothing manufacturer.
The current 2018 Basic session is 2-hours long with as many wardrobe changes as you want in that time.
Also, I like to take a few minutes before we start to find out what you hope to get from the photoshoot. For instance, I've had ballet students that wanted only classical poses and others who like my style of creative portraits and are ready to try almost anything!
Certainly you should pack nearly all of your leotards and even a stage outfit you wore in a competition if you want some shots in it. How about a tutu? If you have dance skirts bring them too.
Two-piece outfits are great to show off your physique and I love to do special lighting to accentuate those abs and leg muscles you're worked so hard for :-)
Even if it's a dance shoot, you may want to consider a casual outfit (jeans and tops) or two if you like. We'll do headshots if you need them.
Don't forget accessories like sunglasses, hats, sneakers, heels, sweaters, or jackets you like and feel good wearing.
I have an assortment of tops, skirts, dance wraps, leggings, and accessories that you are welcome to plunder through. Fabrics are popular and I have different colors to compliment your outfit. Need a pink wig or a ninja sword??!!
Using the computer during the shoot, they can mark their favorite images and review them at the end of the shoot.
No more waiting on me to post hundreds of proofs online to go through!
I rent it from good friends of mine who have re-directed their photography business and are kind enough to make it available to me for a few days a week.
They use the studio during the week while I'm doing one of my other jobs and I use it Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It's worked out well for both of us.
Here's the address:
2610 South Lake Drive
Lexington, SC 29073
Here's a link to a Google map and directions.